The ultra-economic base model GSL Bullfinch can become the basis for the construction of an IPTV / OTT network.
It includes everything that needed for a normal television viewing:
- Support of video and TV channels with maximum resolution up to Full HD (1080p).
- HDMI output v. 1.3 (HDMI standard with support of 1920 × 1080 resolution at 120 Hz).
- 3xRCA analog audio-video outputs, that allows to connect old TVs with analog inputs through a 3xRCA-3xRCA cable (“bells”, “tulips”). Moreover, if the old TV has a SCART input, it is possible to connect via an additional SCART – 3xRCA adapter.
- 100Base-T (Fast Ethernet) Ethernet input for connecting the set-top box to the Internet by connecting the set-top box with a router with a maximum speed of up to 100 Mbps. In case that the port of the router also supports the 100Base-T (Fast Ethernet) standard and the Ethernet cable is able to transmit data at the desired speed, the real speed in the home network will average 90-95 Mbit/s. Which is enough for broadcasting over a local network or from the Internet Full HD (1080p) video with a frequency of 60 fps. The transmission of which will require no more than 20 Mbps with stream compressed by the H.264 codec.
- USB 2.0 input with a speed of up to 480 Mbps and with a current strength of 500 mA for connecting USB flash drives with personal photos, audio and video content, and other peripherals. Plug-in flash drives can also use for functions such as Time Shifted TV / Pause Live TV and Digital Video Recorder (DVR). Despite the impressive theoretically achievable speed, the actual data transfer speed from a USB 2.0 flash drive is always much lower. The vast majority of the products of this standard on the market comply only with USB 2.0 Full-speed specifications with a data transfer rate of 0.5-12 Mbit/s. Which may not be enough to transmit Full HD 1080p 60 fps video. Devices with USB 2.0 Hi-speed specification (25-480 Mbps) are quite rare and expensive. Therefore, in fact, a USB 2.0 input is an additional connector for connecting low-speed USB flash drives, as well as additional peripheral devices. Such as additional remotes with voice control, gamepads that do not support Bluetooth, manipulators such as “mouse”, keyboards, etc. Suitable for comfortable viewing videos with a resolution up to Full HD 1080p 30 fps. Higher resolution video can play poorly, with jerks and delays, especially in highly dynamic scenes, depending on the actual capabilities of the USB flash drive or disk.
- An input for connecting a remote IR sensor with a Jack 3.5mm jack, in case you need to hide the set-top box behind a TV or expand the reception area of IR signals from the Remote.
StingrayTV is an authorial version of the popular Linux-based OS, designed specifically for IPTV / OTT operators. GS Labs own product. The GSL Bullfinch STB allows you to use as a source of TV signal:
- M3U playlist.
- IPTV signal received from headends with support for the Session Announcement Protocol (SAP). Headends from WISI, Terra, etc.
- IPTV / OTT signal received from the IPTVPORTAL platform.
In order for the STB to work with the desired type of signal received from a particular operator, the must be used firmware appropriate to the signal and source. This point must be taken into account when ordering STB from the manufacturer or even more so when purchasing from a distributor. In addition, the manufacturer offers operators the service of “locking” STB, i.e. binding them to a specific IPTV / OTT source of a particular operator. Such STB can only be unlocked in the production of consoles in St. Petersburg or not, depending on the degree of protection against reflashing that the operator who ordered the locked STB chose.
Before buying a set-top box, it is advisable for the subscriber to find his own interactive television operator and make sure that he is ready to provide the M3U playlist, multicast stream with SAP support, or a user account from the platform or video service. Otherwise, the subscriber will be able to use only free playlists and content, taking into account their limitations: low bitrate streams, an abundance of advertising, not regular availability of services.
GSL Bullfinch STB were developed by Tsifra LLC (TM GS Labs), manufactured by GS Group holding companies in Gusev, Kaliningrad Region, tested and flashed at GS Labs in St. Petersburg.
Shipment is possible with an installment plan of up to 2 years, subject to successful verification of the financial solvency of the client.
Detailed technical specifications of the IPTV / OTT set-top box GSL Bullfinch (GS H5912):
|CPU||MStar K2, MIPS3274Kf single core|
|Maximum resolution||1920 x 1080 P (Full HD) 60 fps|
|Operating system||Stingray TV (Linux)|
|Available IPTV / OTT Sources||M3U playlists, SAP-enabled headends, IPTVPORTAL|
|Ethernet||100Base-T (Fast Ethernet)|
|External IR Connector||Jack 3,5мм|
|Memory card slot||–|
|Video decoding||H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, MPEG-2|
|Audio decoding||MPEG-1,2 layer 1,2,3 (MP3), AAC-LC, HE-AAC, AC-3 Dolby Digital (Pass through)|
|Game console||Support of java StingrayTV applications, with installation from the operator’s application platform.|