The Federal Service for Intellectual Property (ROSPATENT) checked 6 patent applications of GS LABS for the components of the IPTV / OTT platform DREAM Platform and issued 6 certificates of state registration of computer programs.
- Update Management System, UMS. The service is designed to update the software of receiving devices, including IPTV / OTT set-top boxes, game consoles, mobile applications, smart TV applications, and web applications. The service software provides automatic distribution of software update files to multiple receiving devices. Downloading update files in the web interface and saving them on the UMS server. Providing information on the availability of software updates upon request of the receiving device. Providing a software update file at the request of the receiving device. Collection of update statistics.
- META DATA SERVER, MDS. The software is designed to provide metadata for the implementation of OTT / IPTV video services and online cinemas and is a service that collects and stores metadata for the provided content. The program provides automatic collection of metadata from external sources and in various formats, including: XML, JSON, HTML, CSV, XMLTV. Obtaining metadata using protocols: ftp, http, https, smb. Storing, editing and issuing metadata. Formation of a content showcase for the TV viewer and operator recommendations. Interaction with the DRM subsystem. Schedule provision (editing, uploading, giving back to clients). Implementation of the blackout function for TV shows. Providing metadata about content which viewing has not been completed and weather forecast. Logging of operator actions in the platform. As well as providing data to other internal servers, including PushVOD and EPG.
- Streaming server, STREAMER. Server software designed to provide broadcasting of video content via HLS, DASH protocols. The program provides: broadcasting of video streams in HLS, DASH. Load balancing of distribution of video streams to clients. Support for Catchup, StartOver functions. Broadcasting Vod content. Formation of master playlists. Bitrate control of video streams given to clients.
- IOS client application. The program is designed to play media streams on devices running the iOS operating system. Provides the ability to play live broadcast, video archive, show the program guide, play video on demand (VOD), divide the channel list into categories and create a user’s favorite list, set reminders for the program guide, etc.
- Client application for Android OS. The program is designed to play media streams on devices running Android and Android TV operating systems. Provides the ability to play live broadcast, video archive, show the program guide, play video on demand (VOD), divide the channel list into categories and create a user’s favorite list, set reminders for the program guide, etc.
- CACHE SERVER, CS. Server software designed to implement of a single entry point to the IPTV / OTT platform DREAM platform for accessing APIs of third-party services, such as metadata server, authorization server, DRM, etc. The server provides: balancing of client requests on the appropriate platform system. Caching duplicate requests from clients. Caching static files.
The listed solutions are not a complete list of platform components. Earlier this year some other platform components recive same registrations. Like DRM DREPLUS digital rights management system, DREHOME & TV Smart Home control system, EPG electronic TV guide, etc. Applications for registrations for other components are pending or in preparation for filing.
I would like to note that despite the variety of platform components, the solution is perfectly scalable in any direction. Yes, it was developed with an eye to multi-million subscriber audiences, and successfully passed these tests. But we also have something to offer for small novice operators. As installations on a small local server with minimal configuration. Or as a cloud service hosted in the GS Labs data center. In any case, operators using our solutions now receive additional guarantees that the uniqueness and legal purity of all software components is checked and confirmed by experts of the Federal Service for Intellectual Property.Denis Danilov
Head of IPTV/OTT solutions at GS Labs